Crummer MBA Nonprofit Board Member Program
Since 2006 the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership, in partnership with the Crummer Leadership Development Center, has successfully placed our Early Advantage MBA students onto nonprofit boards. These bright, energetic young people have proven to be valuable additions to the boards they serve.
Benefits to Your Nonprofit Organization
Nonprofit organizations gain a board member from the top ranked MBA program in Florida. The students are trained in "best practices” of board governance. The MBA Nonprofit Board Members contribute to the nonprofits by:
- bringing an enthusiastic and youthful approach that adds a unique prospective
- providing business skills that are based on the most current teachings
- having access to the counsel of faculty and staff at Rollins when deeper guidance on issues is needed
- improving their community outreach and increasing the board’s circle of contacts
- creating a next generation of leaders committed to the mission of their nonprofit (75% of Crummer graduates remain in Central Florida)
Expectations of Your Nonprofit Organization
- Understands that the MBA Nonprofit Board Member’s commitment is for the period he or she is enrolled in the Rollins College Roy E. Crummer Graduate School of Business, but can be extended if both parties agree.
- Will not require MBA Nonprofit Board Members to make the same financial commitment as other members of the board. However, the MBA Nonprofit Board Members are encouraged to make an appropriate donation in keeping with their ability to give.
- Will provide the MBA Nonprofit Board Members with a board member expectation statement, board manual, and formal orientation.
- Will amend their by-laws if necessary to allow for MBA Nonprofit Board Member participation as a voting member.
- Will assign a board member to be a mentor to the MBA Nonprofit Board Member.
Criteria for Nonprofit Participation in the MBA Nonprofit Board Member Program
Nonprofit organizations can request an MBA Nonprofit Board Member if they meet the following criteria.
- Are a member of the Edyth Bush Institute or the Central Florida Donors Forum
- Provide proof of Directors & Officers liability insurance for their board members
- Have a minimum annual income of $350,000
- Submit a completed application form (see below)
Please contact Margaret Linnane, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-975-6414 if you have any questions.
If you are interested in participating in this exciting opportunity please complete the following:
1. Email Margaret Linnane (email@example.com) proof of your organizations Director & Officers (D&O) Insurance.
3. Fill out the form below: