Crummer MBA Nonprofit Board Member Program
The Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership, in partnership with the Crummer Leadership Development Center, has successfully placed Early Advantage MBA students on nonprofit boards since 2006. Beginning in 2016, we also will place Professional MBA students on nonprofit boards. These bright, energetic young people are valuable additions to the boards they serve.
Benefits to Nonprofit Organizations
Nonprofit organizations gain a board member from the top ranked MBA program in Florida who are trained in "best practices” of board governance. The MBA Nonprofit Board Members contribute to the nonprofits by:
- bringing an enthusiastic and youthful approach that adds a unique prospective
- providing business skills that are based on the most current teachings
- having access to the counsel of faculty and staff at Rollins when deeper guidance on issues is needed
- improving their community outreach and increasing the board’s circle of contacts
- creating a new generation of leaders committed to the mission of their nonprofit (75% of Crummer graduates remain in Central Florida)
Expectations of Participating Nonprofit Organizations
- Understanding the MBA Nonprofit Board Member’s commitment is for the period he or she is enrolled in the Rollins College Roy E. Crummer Graduate School of Business, but can be extended if both parties agree.
- Will not require MBA Nonprofit Board Members to make the same financial commitment as other members of the board. However, the MBA Nonprofit Board Members are encouraged to make an appropriate donation in keeping with their ability to give.
- Will provide the MBA Nonprofit Board Members with a board member expectation statement, board manual, and formal orientation.
- Will amend their by-laws, if necessary, to allow for MBA Nonprofit Board Member participation as a voting member.
- Will assign a board member to be a mentor to the MBA Nonprofit Board Member.
Criteria for Nonprofit Participation in the MBA Nonprofit Board Member Program
Nonprofit organizations are invited to participate in the MBA Nonprofit Board Member Program if they meet the following criteria:
- Are a member of the Edyth Bush Institute or the Central Florida Donors Forum
- Provide proof of Directors & Officers liability insurance for their board members
- Have a minimum annual income of $400,000, and
- Submit a completed application form (see below) on or before September 7, 2016.
Should you have any questions please contact either Kate Martin, Program Manager, at email@example.com, or Margaret Linnane, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 407-975-6414. If you are interested in participating in this exciting opportunity please complete the following:
1. Email Kate Martin (email@example.com) with proof of your organizations Director & Officers (D&O) Insurance on or before September 7, 2016.
2. Fill out the form below: